Saturday 4 January 2014

Ending the year






These photos are some digital shots made at the end  of December.  Nice to get those gifts such as the plastic bag in the bush that looks to me as a dove!  Read parts of Geoff Dyers 'Working the Room' and his  photographic analysis 'The ongoing moment'.  Though I was not much of a fan at first of his photographic book at first,  his literary background comes through, giving some powerful poetic observations.  As a fan of Rilke, I also appreciated his Rodin article.  I also read for the first time a Thomas Wolfe introduction to a book I have by Marie Cosinadas.  It is basically warning the audience (it was written in 1978) of the oncoming onslaught of 'Photographic Art Theory' that conceptualises much of today's art/photography.  After reading Geoff Dyers' book, I thought it would be good if more compilations of photographic book introductions could be collected as one volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment